Complete OSHA Earth Moving Equipment Training Solutions
Earthmoving equipment or heavy equipment refers to a set of large construction vehicles used to move soil, rock and other heavy objects. Due to the large nature of this equipment, when accidents occur they are often tragic. While OSHA does not have a specific regulation for each piece of equipment, the federal organization requires you to train your employees on the hazards of equipment, proper usage and more. This OSHA earthmoving equipment safety training must be provided to both the workers using the equipment and anyone else who may come into contact with the equipment.
Training Reduces Accidents
While the consequence of a workplace injury would be crippling to many companies, safety-training programs are proven to drastically reduce the risk of injury and increase workplace productivity. Through independent studies, OSHA has confirmed employers who have in place a safety and health training program experience a 52 percent lower rate of “injury with days away” than employers without a program.  A second study of private industry employers by OSHA found even more benefits to a safety-training program.
A second study of private industry employers by OSHA found even more benefits to a safety-training program.
- Average sales rose 7.5 percent
- Manufacturing defects and waste dropped from $2.7 million to $435,000 four years later
- Improved decision-making
- Emergency Modification Rate dropped by 45%
Safety and Health Increases ROI
- Increased productivity
- Higher quality products
- Increased morale
- Better labor/management relations
- Reduced turnover
- Better use of human resources
The value of training is further emphasized by a study of 41 workers hospitalized for hand injuries. Through the survey of these employees conducted by members of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) it was discovered more than half had no on the job training for the equipment that caused their injury.
Workplaces that establish safety and health management systems can reduce their injury and illness costs by 20 to 40 percent, according to OSHA. Studies not only show the impact safety training has in increasing productivity and preventing injury. It shows the value training has to prevent casualties. 
A NIOSH study of 55 confined workplace fatalities found that only three of those losing their lives ever received training on the proper workplace safety procedures. A study of the California insurance industry also revealed that every dollar invested in safety training resulted in $3 or more dollars in savings,” Safety training is not a cost, it is an investment.
An Easier Compliance Solution
By requesting and reading this report you are no doubt aware of the hazards associated with heavy equipment and the long list of regulations your company must abide by. Meeting these regulations is a tedious process requiring you either to develop a training program yourself or to outsource with expensive safety consultants.
There is a better solution. Here at Safety Services we have developed a “Do-It-Yourself” training program that is both simple to administer and fulfills all your OSHA requirements. This innovative kit features an Interactive Training Program, Student’s Handbook, Instructor’s Handbook, OSHA Regulations, Student Tests, Training Logs, Fall Protection Checklist, Certificates, Wallet Cards and More.
- OSHA requirements
- Safety decals and information
- And much more
Our $449.99 kit is a simple three-step compliance solution
- Classroom/online training
- The first step of our program is an intuitive electronic training session. Through the program, employees navigate an electronic training program at a computer and then take an automatically graded test.
- Field training
- The second part of training is in the field. During this portion of the session, your appointed trainer shows the trainee the infield applications of the materials they learned in the classroom session.
- The third and final step to the training session is evaluation. Through this step, the trainer evaluates the trainee and either signs off on certification or retouches on topics that need more work. All certification through the program meets or exceeds OSHA requirements.
In addition to meeting OSHA safety training requirements, the kit provides instruction on how to craft your Excavations written policy. If you are not comfortable writing your own policy we can provide the service for an additional fee.
Call (877) 201-8923 today to speak with one of our safety solutions experts.