Workplace violence is a problem that no employer wants to encounter in the workplace. Every year, nearly two million American workers report being a victim of workplace violence. An even more staggering statistic is that about 500 employees are murdered every year while on the job. That accounts for 10 percent of all work-related deaths in the U.S. Every company is vulnerable to workplace violence, and it should plan accordingly with the proper safety meeting topics.
The general duty clause of the Occupational Safety and Health Act requires employers to furnish employees a place of employment that is free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm. This requirement includes making employees aware of, and protected from, workplace violence.
The most effective way of meeting this obligation is through training. Employees and management need to be able to recognize the warning signs of workplace violence, and the company must have a written workplace violence policy that includes prevention and response procedures.
Because workplace violence prevention must rely exclusively on training, an additional burden is placed on the employer. Creating a training program of your own can require time and manpower resources you don’t have. Another alternative is to absorb the cost of finding, selecting, and contracting with a third party training provider. Now there is a better solution.
A BETTER SOLUTION
Here at Safety Services we have developed a “Do-It-Yourself” training program that is both simple to administer and will meet all your OSHA requirements.
Our Workplace Violence training kit provides a simple three-step solution that allows a knowledgeable person train all your employees and bring your company into compliance.
1. Classroom/online training – The first step of our program is an intuitive electronic training session. Through the program, employees can navigate a computer based training program at their own pace, and then take an automatically graded test. The kit also includes presentations and printable student handouts that your instructor can use for classroom lecture presentations to groups of students.
2. Practical training – The second step of training is in the field. During this portion of the session, your trainer reviews and discusses the materials they learned in the classroom session.
3. Evaluation – The third step to the training session is evaluation. Through this step, the trainer either evaluates the trainee and signs off on certification or retouches on topics that need more work.
Workplace Violence Training Kit Contents
• The causes, risk and types of workplace violence
• Minimizing workplace violence
• Preventing workplace violence
• Recognizing problem behaviors
• Responding to act of violence
• And much more
Our Workplace Violence training program allows you to ensure that your company is currently compliant, and will remain that way in the future.
Now is the time to make sure your employees and your business are protected. Effective safety training will ensure your employees are qualified and safe. All certification through the program meets OSHA requirements. If you have a question about OSHA safety or are ready to order our Workplace Violence safety training kit, give us a call at 1(888)461-5023.