A scaffold is a temporary structure used to support people and material in the construction or repair of buildings and other structures. There are many kinds of prefabricated, modular system of metal pipes, tubes, or poles.
Because scaffolds can be erected at heights in excess of 125 feet, and require employees to work at height, the design and construction must be closely monitored to protect workers from falls and other hazards.
Each year, there are more than 4,500 injuries and 60 deaths stemming from scaffold-related incidents. In order to reduce the potential for scaffolding related accidents OSHA requires all employers to have safety manuals to certify their employees on the proper operation, maintenance, hazard training and more.
Supported Scaffolding OSHA Requirements
To protect workers from scaffolding related injuries OSHA has adopted (CFR 1910.28 and 1926.451,452, 454). These regulations identify the maintenance, best practices, and training.
Meeting these regulations can be a challenging task requiring you to either spend time and resources developing a training program yourself, or outsourcing the training to expensive safety consultants.
There is an alternative.
A Better Solution
Our Supported Scaffold training kit is a simple three-step solution that brings all your employees into compliance.
1. Classroom/online training – The first step of our Supported Scaffold training program gives you two training options
- A computer based training program that allows employees to navigate an electronic training program at their own pace, and then take an on-line test.
- Instructor presentations and printable student materials that your trainer can use to deliver group classroom training, or when computer isn’t feasible.
2. Field training – The second step of training is in the field. During this part of the training, your appointed trainer demonstrates to the students how to apply the information they learned in the classroom session in the workplace.
3. Evaluation – The third step to the training session is evaluation. Through this step, the trainer either evaluates the trainees understanding of the information and procedures, and then signs off on certification, or retouches on topics that need more work.
Scaffold Training Kit Contents
Here at Safety Services we have developed a “Do-It-Yourself” Scaffold training program that is both simple to administer and fulfills all your OSHA safety training requirements. This innovative kit features an Interactive Training Program, Student’s Handbook, Instructor’s Handbook, OSHA Regulations, Student Tests, Training Logs, Fall Protection Checklist, Certificates, Wallet Cards and More. Material covered Applicable OSHA standards
To help you understand scaffolding regulations and keep your employees safe on the jobsite when using scaffolding we created this training program.
Topics covered include:
|General Scaffold Awareness|
|Types of Scaffolds|
|Supported Scaffold Systems|
|And much more|
All certification through our Supported Scaffold training program meets or exceeds OSHA requirements. By providing your company with all the necessary material, your designated trainer will be able to deliver the required training quickly, easily, and consistently.
If you have any questions about OSHA safety manuals, or are ready to order your Scaffold safety training program, contact us today at 888-461-5023.