|Price Inclusive of Tax | See Shipping Options in Cart | 30-Day Return Policy
|Payment Methods Accepted:
Lockout / Tagout Training Kit Overview
Our Lockout/Tagout Safety Training Kit is a convenient and cost-effective training solution, perfect for in-house safety coordinators. This “Train-the-trainer” style kit is flexible for individual training sessions via computer, group sessions in a classroom setting with lockout/tagout training videos, or out on the jobsite.
What’s Included in the Lockout / Tagout Kit
- Software-based training program
- Instructor course materials
- Student course materials
- Program outline and instructions
- Quizzes and evaluations
- Training logs and sign-in forms
- Certificates and wallet cards
Why Choose DIY Training Kits?
- Meets OSHA safety training requirements & CDC guidelines
- Train employees in just 1 hour
- Train any number of employees as often as you need
- All course materials are easily reproduced
- Convenient and cost effective
Why Choose DIY Training Kits?
|Meets OSHA safety training requirements & CDC guidelines
|Train employees in just 1 hour
|Train any number of employees as often as you need
|All course materials are easily reproduced
|Convenient and cost effective
Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)” is the most common way to prevent unplanned releases of electrical stored energy and is required as part of what OSHA calls your “Energy Control Program”. These releases may occur during electrical inspections, maintenance, repair or installation of electrical equipment or components. These releases may generate conditions for electrical shock, electrocution, or arc flash- any of which may lead to a fatality and certainly a citation.
Training on how to control these energies for employee safety is critical for those that may be exposed.
LOTO is one of the “OSHA Top Ten” most cited violations every year. Training and documentation (such as a LOTO written plan) are the best ways to avoid a citation or an injury, or worse yet, a fatality. By eliminating electrical work incidents through an effective training and documentation program a company can not only improve its profitability but remove the risk for a costly OSHA citation or lawsuit.
To protect employees and employers, OSHA established a lockout/tagout regulation (29 CFR 1910.147). This provides guidance for protection by requiring employers to have a LOTO written plan, LOTO procedures, equipment and LOTO training for any employee(s) who will work on (Authorized Persons) or works around (Affected Persons) electrical equipment or machinery that may have its energy controlled to prevent any release of hazardous energies during equipment inspections, maintenance, repair or installations.
Meeting the required OSHA lockout/tagout training regulations can either be a time consuming and expensive process, requiring you to develop a training program yourself, or contract for the training with third party safety consultants.
An Easier Compliance Solution
Here at Safety Services we offer an affordable alternative to protect your employees and your company.
Our Lockout/Tagout training program is a simple three-step solution that will protect your employees and ensure your company is OSHA compliant.
Three simple steps to certification
1. Classroom/online lockout/tagout training – The first step of our Lockout/Tagout training program gives you two training options
- A computer based training program that allows employees to navigate an electronic training program at their own pace, and then take an automatically graded test.
- Instructor presentations, lockout/tagout videos and printable student materials that your trainer can use to deliver group classroom training, or when computer isn’t feasible.
2. Field training – The second step of training is in the field. During this part of the training, your appointed trainer demonstrates to the students how to apply the materials they learned in the classroom session in the workplace.
3. Evaluation – The third step to the training session is evaluation. Through this step, the trainer either evaluates the trainee and signs off on lockout/tagout certification or retouches on topics that need more work.
Lockout Tagout Kit Contents
Here at Safety Services we have developed a “Do-It-Yourself” Lockout/Tagout training program that is both simple to administer and fulfills all your Lockout/Tagout OSHA requirements. This innovative kit features an Interactive Training Program, Student’s Handbook, Instructor’s Handbook, OSHA Regulations, Student Tests, Training Logs, Fall Protection Checklist, Certificates, Wallet Cards and More.
|General Lockout Tagout Information
|Lockout/Tagout Devices and Requirements
|And much more
Is training necessary for lockout/tagout?
According to OSHA, employers are required to provide “effective training for all employees covered by the lockout/tagout standard.” This means failing to fully train all employees who fall under this standard could result in noncompliance.
What is lockout/tagout training?
Lockout training should enable employees to recognize hazardous energy sources, understand the dangers they present, and the methods and means needed to isolate and control them to avoid serious injuries. Tagout training should educate them in the use of tags to warn others not to operate energy-isolating devices.
How long is lockout/tagout training?
In most cases, these training courses can be completed in about an hour.
How often should lockout/tagout training be required?
The Energy Control Program requires a periodic review (minimum annual audit) of the program. Training is part of this audit. If it is found to be deficient, training may be required every year, and absolutely when there is a change to the equipment/machinery, power source, environment, personnel, or personnel is found to need re-training due to unsafe errors in the procedure.
The certification provided by our Lockout/tagout training program meets OSHA all requirements.
By providing your company with all the necessary material, your designated trainer will be able to deliver the required training quickly, easily, and consistently.
If you have any questions, or are ready to order your Lockout/Tagout training program or other safety meeting topics, contact us today at 888-461-5023.