Fire safety is important business; losses caused by workplace fires total nearly $3 billion each year and take more than 350 lives, according to National Safety Council figures.
Preventing fires in the workplace requires training and discipline. Employers need to have written fire safety manuals, policies and procedures that employees understand and follow.
To protect employees from the perils of workplace fires OSHA has adopted a series of standards (29 CFR Part 1910 Subparts E and L; and Part 1926 Subparts C and F) that require employers to provide proper exits, firefighting equipment, emergency plans, and employee training.
Complying with these OSHA Fire Safety regulations can create a challenge for employers. Developing Fire Safety training internally can take time and resources that aren’t available. A second choice is to contract with a training consultant to tailor and deliver fire safety training to your company, which can be an expensive undertaking.
There is another solution however.
Here at Safety Services we have developed a “Do-It-Yourself” Fire Safety training program that is both simple to administer and fulfills all your OSHA requirements. This innovative kit features an Interactive Training Program, Student’s Handbook, Instructors Handbook, Student Tests, Training Logs, Certificates, Wallet Cards and More.
Our Fire Safety training kit is a simple three-step solution that brings all your employees into compliance.
1. Classroom/online Training – The first step of our Fire Safety training program gives you two training options
- A computer based training program that allows employees to navigate an electronic training program at their own pace, and then take an on-line Fire Safety test.
- Instructor presentations and printable student materials that your trainer can use to deliver group classroom training, or when computer isn’t feasible.
2. Field Training – The second step of training is in the field. During this part of the training, your appointed trainer demonstrates to the students how to apply the information they learned in the classroom session in the workplace.
3. Evaluation – The third step to the training session is evaluation. Through this step, the trainer either evaluates the trainees understanding of the information and procedures, and then signs off on Fire Safety certification, or retouches on topics that need more work.
Fire Safety Training Kit Contents
Our Fire Safety training kit is designed to help your designated trainer by giving them information on the reasons for training, what makes up an effective training program and guidelines for presenting the material.
The training contains information on the following topics:
|Fire Safety Basics|
|Elements of a Fire|
|Fire Response and More|
The training provided by our Fire Safety training program meets OSHA all requirements. By providing your company with all the necessary material, your designated trainer will be able to deliver the required training quickly, easily, and consistently while still having the flexibility to adapt the training to meet the specific needs of your work environment.
If you have any questions about safety meeting topics, or are ready to order your Fire Safety training program, give us a call at 1-888-840-9276.