|Price Inclusive of Tax | See Shipping Options in Cart | 30-Day Return Policy|
|Payment Methods Accepted:|
Our Cold Stress Safety Training Kit is a convenient and cost-effective training solution, perfect for in-house safety coordinators. This “Train-the-trainer” style kit is flexible for individual training sessions via computer, group sessions in a classroom setting, or out on the jobsite.
- Software-based training program
- Instructor course materials
- Student course materials
- Program outline and instructions
- Quizzes and evaluations
- Training logs and sign-in forms
- Certificates and wallet cards
Why Choose DIY Training Kits?
|Meets OSHA safety training requirements & CDC guidelines|
|Train employees in just 1 hour|
|Train any number of employees as often as you need|
|All course materials are easily reproduced|
|Convenient and cost effective|
Working in cold environments present a real hazard to workers. Extremely cold temperatures puts workers at risk of cold stress injuries such as hypothermia or frostbite. In addition, just being in the cold can limit a person’s range of motion, creating additional workplace hazards.
OSHA Cold Stress Requirements
Although OSHA does not have a specific standard that covers working in cold environments, the general duty clause of the OSH act of 1970 requires employers to provide workers with a place of employment that is free from recognized hazards, including cold stress. To prevent injury or illness to workers, companies should train employees on the hazards cold stress with a safety program manual that includes the safety measures needed to protect themselves.
Providing the necessary Cold Stress training to employees can be time consuming and expensive. It seems that your only options are to either invest the time and resources to research, develop, and deliver a cold stress training program internally, or to hire a consultant to provide it for you.
There is however, another option that allows you to provide the training quickly and easily.
A simpler solution
Here at Safety Services we have developed a “Do-It-Yourself” Cold Stress training program that is both simple to administer and fulfills all your OSHA requirements. This innovative kit features an Interactive Training Program, Student’s Handbook, Instructors Handbook, Student Tests, Training Logs, Certificates, Wallet Cards and More.
Our Cold Stress training kit is a simple three-step solution that brings all your employees into compliance.
1. Classroom/online training – The first step of our Cold Stress training program gives you two training options
- A computer based training program that allows employees to navigate an electronic training program at their own pace, and then take an on-line test.
- Instructor presentations and printable student materials that your trainer can use to deliver group classroom training, or when computer isn’t feasible.
2. Field training – The second step of training is in the field. During this part of the training, your appointed trainer demonstrates to the students how to apply the information they learned in the classroom session in the workplace.
3. Evaluation – The third step to the training session is evaluation. Through this step, the trainer either evaluates the trainees understanding of the information and procedures, and then signs off on certification, or retouches on topics that need more work.
Cold Stress Safety Training Kit Contents
Our kit is designed to help your designated trainer by giving them information on the reasons for training, what makes up an effective training program and guidelines for presenting the material.
The training contains information on the following topics:
|Hazards of cold weather|
|How body loses heat|
|Signs of cold stress|
|How to avoid those hazards|
|How to treat cold stress injuries|
|And much more|
The training provided by our Cold Stress training program meets OSHA all requirements. By providing your company with all the necessary material, your designated trainer will be able to deliver the required training quickly, easily, and consistently.
If you have any questions about safety meeting topics, or are ready to order your Cold Stress safety training program, give us a call at 1-888-840-9276.