Workers performing operations in high air temperatures, near radiant heat sources, in high humidity, in direct physical contact with hot objects, or strenuous physical activities have a high potential for suffering from heat stress.
Whether it’s inside a factory or outdoors in construction, if conditions are right, heat-related illnesses could occur.
The protection of workers from injury and illness caused by extreme heat is mandatory under the OSHA general duties clause and requires employers to provide a safe work environment and train protect employees on the hazards of heat illness.
Complying with these regulations creates some serious concerns for companies; either invest the time and resources to research, develop, and deliver a heat illness prevention training program internally, or to hire a consultant to provide it for you.
There is however, another option that allows you to provide the training quickly and easily.
A Superior Solution
We here at Safety Services we have developed a “Do-It-Yourself” Heat Illness training program that is both simple to administer and fulfills all your OSHA requirements. This innovative kit features an Interactive Training Program, Student’s Handbook, Instructors Handbook, Student Tests, Training Logs, Certificates, Wallet Cards and More.
Our Heat Illness training kit is a simple three-step solution that protects your employees and keeps your company in compliance.
1. Classroom/online training – The first step of our training program gives you two training options
- A computer based training program that allows employees to navigate an electronic training program at their own pace, and then take an on-line test.
- Instructor presentations and printable student materials that your trainer can use to deliver group classroom training, or when computer isn’t feasible.
2. Field training – The second step of training is in the field. During this part of the training, your appointed trainer will conduct heat illness case studies with the students; explain the methods available to avoid heat illnesses, and demonstrate how to protect themselves in the workplace.
3. Evaluation – The third step to the training session is evaluation. Through this step, the trainer either evaluates the trainees understanding of the information and procedures, and then signs off on heat illness prevention certification, or retouches on topics that need more work.
Heat Illness Training Kit Contents
Our kit will allow your designated trainer to deliver the necessary training by giving them guidelines for presenting the material.
The information in this program covers the following topics:
|General Heat Illness protection information|
|Heat Illness prevention|
|And much more|
The material provided in our Heat Illness training program meets OSHA all requirements, and allows your trainer to deliver the required training quickly, easily, and consistently.
If you have any questions, or are ready to order your Heat Illness training program, give us a call at 1-888-461-5023.