“Lockout/Tagout (LOTO)” refers to specific practices and procedures that safeguard employees from the release of hazardous energy during maintenance. The approximately 3 million workers who service equipment face the greatest risk of injury if they aren’t trained on safe lockout/tagout procedures.
Because lockout/tagout is one of the most cited regulation violations in the manufacturing industry and the No. 5 most cited for all industries, it only makes sense that a large portion of workplace accidents are avoidable with solid lockout/tagout safety manuals and a safety-oriented company culture. By cutting down on accidents through an effective program a company can not only improve its profitability, but remove the risk for a costly OSHA fine or lawsuit.
OSHA estimates that implementing a comprehensive lockout/tagout prevents about 120 fatalities and 50,000 injuries each year.
To protect workers, OSHA established a lockout/tagout standard (29 CFR 1910.147). This requires companies to have a written Lockout/Tagout procedure and provide training for all employees who work around, or perform maintenance on, equipment and machinery where there is potential exposure to the release of hazardous energies.
Meeting the required OSHA safety training regulations can either be a time consuming and expensive process, requiring you to develop a training program yourself, or contract for the training with third party safety consultants.
An Easier Compliance Solution
Here at Safety Services we offer an affordable alternative to protect your employees and your company.
Our Lockout/Tagout training program is a simple three-step solution that will protect your employees and ensure your company is OSHA compliant.
Three simple steps to certification
1. Classroom/online training – The first step of our Lockout/Tagout training program gives you two training options
- A computer based training program that allows employees to navigate an electronic training program at their own pace, and then take an automatically graded test.
- Instructor presentations and printable student materials that your trainer can use to deliver group classroom training, or when computer isn’t feasible.
2. Field training – The second step of training is in the field. During this part of the training, your appointed trainer demonstrates to the students how to apply the materials they learned in the classroom session in the workplace.
3. Evaluation – The third step to the training session is evaluation. Through this step, the trainer either evaluates the trainee and signs off on certification or retouches on topics that need more work.
Lockout/Tagout Training Kit Contents
Here at Safety Services we have developed a “Do-It-Yourself” Lockout/Tagout training program that is both simple to administer and fulfills all your OSHA requirements. This innovative kit features an Interactive Training Program, Student’s Handbook, Instructor’s Handbook, OSHA Regulations, Student Tests, Training Logs, Fall Protection Checklist, Certificates, Wallet Cards and More.
|General Lockout/Tagout Information|
|Lockout/Tagout Devices and Requirements|
|And much more|
The certification provided by our Lockout/tagout training program meets OSHA all requirements.
By providing your company with all the necessary material, your designated trainer will be able to deliver the required training quickly, easily, and consistently.
If you have any questions, or are ready to order your Lockout/Tagout training program or other safety meeting topics, contact us today at 888-461-5023.