In 2011, over 2 million workers were injured and missed days at work. Many of those injuries could have been avoided if Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) had been used or used properly.
PPE is one method to minimize a workers exposure to a range of hazards, and it’s an employer’s responsibility to provide workers with all necessary PPE, as well as the training on its care and use.
The OSHA requirements contained in CFR1910 subpart I (General Industry), and 1926 subpart E (Construction) identify the types and standards for PPE, and require employers to train employees who must use PPE on the following information:
- When PPE is necessary
- What PPE is necessary
- The limitations of the PPE
- How to properly put on, take off, adjust and wear the PPE
- Proper care, maintenance, useful life and disposal of PPE
Understanding and complying with these regulations poses some serious concerns, either invest the time and resources to research, develop, and deliver a PPE training program internally, or to hire a consultant to provide it for you.
There is however, another option that allows you to provide the training quickly and easily.
AN AFFORDABLE SOLUTION
We here at Safety Services we have developed a “Do-It-Yourself” PPE training program that is both simple to administer and fulfills all your OSHA requirements. This innovative kit features an Interactive Training Program, Student’s Handbook, Instructors Handbook, Student Tests, Training Logs, Certificates, Wallet Cards and More.
Our Personal Protective Equipment training kit is a simple three-step solution that brings all your employees into compliance.
1. Classroom/online training – The first step of our PPE training program gives you two training options
- A computer based training program that allows employees to navigate an electronic training program at their own pace, and then take an on-line test.
- Instructor presentations and printable student materials that your trainer can use to deliver group classroom training, or when computer isn’t feasible.
2. Field training – The second step of training is in the field. During this part of the training, your appointed trainer demonstrates to the students the proper care and use of the PPE they may be required to wear, and how to protect themselves in the workplace.
3. Evaluation – The third step to the training session is evaluation. Through this step, the trainer either evaluates the trainees understanding of the information and procedures, and then signs off on certification, or retouches on topics that need more work.
PPE training kit contents
Our kit will allow your designated trainer to deliver the necessary training by giving them information on the reasons for training, what makes up an effective training program and guidelines for presenting the material. The information in this program covers the following topics:
- General PPE information
- Personal protective equipment types
- Head protection
- Eye and face protection
- Hearing protection
- Respiratory protection
- Proper use of PPE
- Care and maintenance of PPE
- And much more
The material provided in our PPE training program meets OSHA all requirements, and enables your trainer to deliver the required training quickly, easily, and consistently.
If you have any questions about OSHA safety training, or are ready to order your Personal Protective Equipment training program, give us a call at 1-888-840-9276.