First Aid Regulation Change
Effective this month Prince Edward Island’s Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Regulations for First Aid changed.
The amendments to Section 9 of the OHS Regulations put additional measures in place to protect workers and employers, and reflect the various hazard levels in Island workplaces.
Amongst the changes are:
- All workplaces with one employee must have a kit.
- Kits no longer require a pencil and notebook
- Kits must be checked on a regular basis.
- Kits are required in vehicles or boats used to transport workers, based on seating capacity of the vehicle or boat.
- First aid providers now required in workplaces with less than 5 workers.
- Lone workers may now be required to have first aid training.
- Detailed written records of injuries now required.
- Written records to be kept for 3 years.
If you need first-aid training or supplies call 877-780-4106.