OSHA announces top ten cited violations for FY 2012
- Date Posted
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration announced the most frequently cited violations for the year to a crowd of safety and health professionals at the National Safety Council Congress and Expo in Orlando.
The preliminary statistics reflect citations issued by the regulatory body after worksite inspections over the course of fiscal year 2012.
The Top 10 for FY 2012 are:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501) Total violations: 7,250
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200) Total violations: 4,696
- Scaffolding (1926.451) Total violations: 3,814
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134) Total violations: 2,371
- Ladders (1926.1053) Total violations: 2,310
- Machine Guarding (1910.212) Total violations: 2,097
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178) Total violations: 1,993
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305) Total violations: 1,744
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147) Total violations: 1,572
- Electrical – General Requirements (1910.303) Total violations: 1,332
All of the top ten violations for FY 2012 are on the top ten violations list from FY 2011, though the rank of each is different.
Other Articles You May Like
- Next Post: FDA faces pressure to regulate energy drinks upon reports of deaths
- Previous Post: WorkSafe BC details sea lion and lemur and bear attacks oh my!