The American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) is accepting submissions for its annual kids’ “Safety on the Job” poster contest from now until Feb. 14, 2013.
The contest, which accepts entries from kids ranging in age from 5 to14, is designed to help teach children about the value of workplace safety.
A record 2,300 children entered into the contest last year. Entrants were submitted from the U.S and 11 other countries including Australia, Bangladesh, Canada, China, Columbia, Greece, Japan, Kuwait, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela.
Winners will be selected based on how well each poster expresses the theme of “Safety on the Job.” Prizes will be awarded to first, second, third and fourth place winners in each of the following age categories:
- Group 1 (Ages 5-6)
- Group 2 (Ages 7-8)
- Group 3 (Ages 9-10)
- Group 4 (Ages 11-12)
- Group 5 (Ages 13-14)
Prizes in US Dollars
- First Place: $2500
- Second Place: $250
- Third Place: $100
- Fourth Place: $100
Each poster must be submitted with a completed official ASSE Entry Form.
- Individual Entry Form (For families entering children)
- Group Entry Form (For school or community entries only)
How to encourage a child to enter:
- Speak to your child, a classroom, scouting troop or other community organizations about your job and workplace safety, providing examples of the risks SH&E professionals address every day on the job.
- Use our Safety Suitcase to give children a more visual idea of the SH&E profession.
- Provide examples of occupational hazards.
Submitting a poster:
Mail: (tape the entry form to the back of the poster)
ASSE “Safety on the Job” Poster Contest
1800 E. Oakton Street
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Upload: Please create the poster file name as the child’s first and last name (i.e. JohnDoe). Complete the online entry form questions, click browse to select the poster for entry, and then submit.
Upload your Poster Online Here